Forty Year Faithful Service Cross
This is a first class die struck alloy decoration with gold plated highlights and a black enamel swastika. The cross is complete with ribbed rayon cornflower blue ribbon which has a pin-back device stitched to its reverse top.
Instituted by Adolf Hitler on January 30th 1938, Faithful Service Decoration in three classes. In recognition of long serving civil servants, and public works personnel. The three classes of the decoration consisted of the special class for fifty years of continuous service with the same employer in the free economic system, the 1’st Class decoration for forty years of service and the 2nd class decoration for twenty-five years service. All three classes followed the same basic design with minor variations.